Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Media Bias

When i was growing up I didn't really care much about the news or the media, for that matter. But it was always a part of my everyday life because my parents always watched the news, listened to the radio, etc. In high school, I started to pay attention to it a little bit. When i decided to major in Journalism, I became really interested in the media of course. I remember professors always telling us that it is the media's job to be fair and unbiased, but that's not always the case.

I do feel that the content in today's news is not all about what we need to know, but in fact what the "powerful"people want to put on there. I sometimes think that they don't pay that much attention because they just have to make the "powerful" happy.

I don't know but in my opinion the media will stay this way for a while. The more I become interested in what goes on in the media, the more I find out about this "conspiracy." It just goes to show that the media is biased because it's not about doing the right thing, but doing what's right for them.

No comments: